Friday, May 14, 2010

Welcome back

I haven't shown any crazy 70's ads in a while, so here you go. We'll focus on food today.


I like this ad because of the shared moment between the dad and son, but . . . have you ever in your life seen a burger that big at McDonalds?? They shipped that thing in from Canada.



And I love the tagline in this ad, "Get down with something good . . ." I also love the placement of everyone in the picture. The kid's expression in the far left window of the van can't be beat.



This one caught my eye with its different fonts and continuous line on the drink. Sweet!



Raisin pudding pie? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. No man's gonna come home to that. Except for this guy, and I'm not so sure I'd want him anywhere near my residence. Maybe it's the way he's holding the fork. No. It's him.



Gotta love a one-word campaign.



And to wash it all down, my favorite, Dr Pepper.


9 comments:

  1. Every one a classic. America loves burgers all right; love that one!

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well damn. Now now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I want that Dr Pepper so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great adverts! But raisin pudding pie? Blergh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dr. Pepper! Those McDonalds pictures really made me chuckle, what a great shot of the entire family enjoying Mcdonalds in a van... nothing like burgers to bring a family closer together, LOL. That is one huge hamburger in the first too... another one that made me giggle!

    Thanks for the laugh Amy! Perfect for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Jen. Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That raisin guy looks creepy. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the Raisin one could be a poster for a Hitchcock film.

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...