Thursday, July 22, 2010

Talkin' bout last night

Last night was one-on-one solo time, so each of us showed up at different slots to receive direction, music direction and all that. Unless something changes, I am still Joni Mitchell and playing guitar up on stage just as Joni would (yay!). And then, get this . . . I get to be Deborah Harry from Blondie. I'm freaking singing "Call me". Isn't that just amazing and cool?! Okay, well I think it is. When they first told me that I was going to sing it, I was like, "No way. That's just . . . way too cool for me. I love Blondie. Like LOVE." And they were like, "No. You ARE singing it." Yes . . . . . . . . . This rocks. I just have to figure how to do the outfits and make-up do for those two. Looks like:


Messy hair, blue eye shadow, and red lips for Debbie.




Demure, shiny, organic for Joni. I love this dress by the way.

Okay, well anyway *sigh*. I'm kind of too happy to be sane right now. Have a good day peoples.

7 comments:

  1. Ah Debbie, she was so gorgeous. Ice cream over Champagne. I'm sure you'll do her proud!

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! And . . . Bon anniversaire à vous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous you can sing. I'd love to rock it like Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be fun. I need to stop being so excited though, it's bound to cause trouble. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Blondie. It's especially fun singing Rapture. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie Harry is about 66 years old now, but still looks good. She was not young in the Blondie days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda- Rapture would be fun for sure, though too many words to memorize.

    Tom- I had no idea that her birthdate was 1945. I guess that explains why she dropped off the scene there for awhile; she'd been working bands and all the other stuff for a long time before even having a hit song. You're right, she still looks great.

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...