Thursday, February 23, 2012

Final stretch

Some loverly news to report, we're almost done with edits for The Soul Seekers. Remember a few weeks back I sent off the latest round, but only after knocking my head against the desk every few seconds because of some very difficult cuts? I had gone back and forth trying to decide whether or not to cut a favorite scene per editor's comments. I felt it was a great scene, but in the end I decided to take it out to move the action along. I pretty much went over this for two weeks before making the decision. So anyway, yesterday evening I get an email from Kristine saying all changes were approved, except one section. I open the document thinking she had some random scene (like the attic scene--lots of backstory), but it's the scene, the one I had stressed over. She put it back in saying she liked it too much to see it go and for me to just cut it down a little. And she added a big smily face to show she knew of the minor heart attack I'd have upon opening the document. Oh, editor humor! So . . . yay : )  I'm so happy that the scene is back and that we're almost done. Three years of work, folks. It's a strange feeling knowing I won't be revising or editing after this last round. Mostly I feel relieved and happy.

11 comments:

  1. Glad you got to keep your favourite scene....there is some mercy after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Glad it's working out and that you feel better about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to keep your favorite scene! Is this book with a publisher or agent? What publisher is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing those final edits, Amy, and congrats, too, on the inclusion of one of your literary "darlings." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you so much everyone!

    Angelina, my publisher is WiDo. They're still small in the ranks of publishing, but the books are top quality. I was extremely proud to have been picked up by them. I don't know if they're taking submissions right now (I know you didn't ask, but just in case) but it probably says on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy? I would have thought, more like ecstatic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting, Amy! I look forward to seeing your book out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your instincts had been right all along then!

    Very pleased for you Amy, well done Miss Talent! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased for you Amy, well done.

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...