Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday doings

Doing homework with Julia is very difficult. Very. I beg, plead, redirect, yell, bribe. And, yes, it gets done, but OHMAHGAWD do I feel like ripping my hair out the whole time!!! Having a kid with sensory issues is not easy, and sometimes I do think, well . . . why not take shortcuts, but in the end it wouldn't be right. She has got to do her work, and I have to make her do her work.

One of the reasons I look forward to Christmas Break. No homework, no rushing to get ready every morning, no late or missed busses, no finding shoes or socks or coats, no fighting Julia's long, tangly hair, no battling Liam to hurry up and use the bathroom. 

We're going to make gingerbread houses, salt dough ornaments, pomander oranges, listen to my old 1960's christmas records, watch the snow ( or pretend to), take in Rankin/Bass marathons on cable. Go shopping. Wrap presents. 

I won't mention how much I'll have to clean the house, and all the cooking and dishes in my future. I'm Zen-ning that stuff out of my brain cells. 

What will your holidays be like this year?




3 comments:

  1. Amy you are such a lovely mum. Your patience with little Julia will pay off sure thing. Have a brilliant time making your gingerbread houses, salt dough and baking. And most of all enjoy Christmas with your two little angels. Love from Molly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Molly. I try to be. Hoping a good holiday season is in store for you as well!

      Delete
  2. I have a feeling that Julia will surprise you one day!

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...