Thursday, September 5, 2013

A really serious post about stuff (not really)

I always dread the end of summer because the children go back to school. There's just something so tragic about the whole deal. One day we're happy and free, wading in butterfly laced grass, and the next they're gone and the house is stone quiet. I cried quietly to myself at the end of July, journaled and prepared for the coming of school. When it did arrive, I faced it with the outlook that you can't change time, but at least you have the Polaroid. The kids started school and I was alone in a house with no Minecraft or Spongebob. And you know what? I FREAKING LOVED IT! This is the best thing EVER. I earned this. Yes, I do miss the kids and wish we could go to the park and all that lovely stuff, but otherwise I'm having the time of my life. I listen to music all day, eat whenever and whatever I want, no one talks back, whines or messes up the house. THIS IS AWESOME.

Ahem, but I do love those little offspring of mine. But I guess it's true what they say: absence makes the heart grow fonder. Or is it abscess? HAR< HAR>

Here's a few pics of me from yesterday. See? I'm having fun. Or something. 





Just for clarification, I AM wearing a top in that second picture. I'm not having THAT much fun!

And so that concludes another cheesy blog entry. I hope you enjoyed it. I turned off comments earlier because I don't have enough time to answer and visit blogs. Been writing and editing A LOT. But I'm going to turn it on again—just know blogging is low on my priority list right now. But I wish you all well. Peace.

10 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on a friend to surface and go to lunch. She is just buried at work. I told her to send them all back to school. She replied if they would stay there, she would do it.

    The silence is exquisite, isn't it. Happy editing, eight quiet hours a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Have a fun lunch date with your friend!

      Delete
  2. When I was sent off to school, it was for MONTHS at a time. I think my parents must have been in heaven! Enjoy your peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet they missed you quite a bit. Hmmm, looking up boarding school . . .

      Delete
  3. I love the ad that some company shows in late August. It shows a mom and her kids shopping for back to school stuff and in the background they are playing, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year".

    When the kids are home you forget what quiet sounds like. It is such a fabulous non-sound, isn't it?

    Glad to know that you are writing again, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and for the love and friendship even when I'm a pain. : ) Hope things are good for you as well!

      Delete
  4. I love stolen moments of quiet too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, so great to have you back. Enjoy those well earned little moment of solitude and your time to write. Love to Julia and Liam as well - hope they have a good time at school xx

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...