Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Slutz R Us



photo credit: maxp24242424 IMG_4216 via photopin (license)


Last week my twitter got hacked by a bunch of slutty hoes, or somebody who likes slutty hoes. It was bad. My publisher had to contact me about it because I hadn't been on there for quite a while and had no idea. It was both horrible and amusing. My internet connection was out that day and twitter won't let you delete your account on a mobile, so I was sweating and groaning like a . . . like a . . . well, you know what I mean. It was bad. I sent my son over to ask the neighbors if I could borrow their internet, you know, so I could delete p*rn and all that, and they said okay, go for it.

Man, I really hate the interwebz sometimes. It's such a cesspool of shite. But then there's good stuff like somebody likes your book, or you find a cool video of a cat feeding a monkey a bowl of Lucky Charms, and all the pain goes away.

I just wish it were all a little bit easier. Like, I wish I didn't get hacked every other day of my life.

Anyone else have similar issues? And, oh yeah, how the heck are you guys anyway?

Leave a comment below and I'll tell you about the pictures I saw on my twitter.


7 comments:

  1. Hello Amy - how are you? I hope your books are going ok, but I don't want to see any of those pictures, thanks - there's enough of that stuff on the net as it is! My old email gets hi-jacked, but nothing too serious. I don't do Twitter or Facebook, so my online life is peaceful as a result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, I'm plugging along. Haha, don't worry, I won't make you see those pictures. You're smart not to be on the other social media sites, and honestly it just takes up a lot of time and energy which could be spent on better things. I don't know how people do it! Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. I have had some bad things happen to me in this Internet age and am so discouraged and feel violated when this happens. These are frightening times and so much can be lost and destroyed by the fingers of evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's terrible and makes me sad to know you've had to go through that. With all the good aspects of the internet, there's definitely a lot of negative stuff going on as well.

      Delete
  3. I have one annoying abusive troll who gets on my nerves, otherwise I did have some unbelievable comments on my blog once when I posted a picture of one of my grandsons (from the back) wearing nothing but a huge pair of gumboots. It upset me for ages. It's frightening to think these people are out there, and probably living next door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ew, that sounds disturbing. It does seem that are a lto of loonies out there online just waiting to make rude comments. I'm always telling my kids to remember that no one is who they seem online, and never take anything for face value. Also, they must be polite or else.

      Delete
  4. These are frightening times and so much can be lost and destroyed by the fingers of evil.


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...