Friday, January 6, 2017

Hello 2017

Image may contain: one or more people and closeup
Chillin' with Henry the Dachshund


A brand new year, a brand new me . . . isn't that how it's supposed to go? Except, I'm not exactly sure that I'm feeling so brand new! Okay, yes, I am happy to see the old year pass away into the dirty fog it created, but isn't this *stuff* getting rather old, all this 'I have to be a better version of myself' starting right now, stuff? How about I'm happy with who I am and nothing needs to change, thank you very much? I worked hard on myself last year, and all the years past, and nothing needs to change. I just need to accept myself exactly as I am, right here, right now. Anyone else feeling this?

I keep hearing everyone say that 2016 was such a terrible year, but I don't feel the same way. 2016 was a great year of lessons and revelations. Of learning to trust my intuition, of learning to be comfortable in my own skin (even when I'm not that comfortable), of acceptance, of facing reality, of knowing what I can and cannot change, of what my true value and potential is. It taught me to let go and trust in the Universe, that something bigger and greater has my back totally and completely, and even if the world were to crash down in flames, somehow I'd be okay. Because I'm part of something eternal. We all are. And I'm not talking Bible stuff here, don't get worried.

One of the biggest things I've learned this year is that: a lot of people do bad shit and they don't care. A lot of people like to: lie, sabotage, cheat, check out, have addictions, manipulate, hurt, will stab you in the back, XY&Z. But it ain't you. It doesn't reflect you. Who ARE you? Water can only sink a ship if you let it inside. Water: emotions. If you know who you are, then stand strong. So, how do you value yourself? Do you love yourself? I learned that, yes, I do. I love and value myself, and anyone who's ever hurt me in the past was only allowed to do so because I had no self-value. No self-love. When you truly care about and love yourself, no one can do any real damage. And they'll try, believe me. I think a lot of bad stuff that happens in this world happens because none of us were ever taught true self-love, and that's sad. We hurt, we get revenge, we lie, we destroy because we are completely broken. Babies. Infants. No real knowledge of self. That doesn't excuse it, but it does explain it at least.

Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries.

Love, love, love.

Here's what else I learned. The most powerful lesson of all. That person who hurt(s) you has no power. They are weak. Strong people do not hurt others, take advantage of others, they support and/or build you up, because they themselves have a good value system and, most of all, ethics. If you think that your bully, your boss, your spouse, your parent, your child, your president . . . has power over you, then think again. True power comes from inside FIRST. First and foremost.

I yam what I yam (opens can of spinach).

Thus ends my rant.  It wasn't really a rant, I was emoting. Something that's quite hard for me to do because I am in my head SO MUCH.

Here's to a fabulous 2017, come what may.  I'll try to post more often. I've thought about doing the watt pad thing and just free writing for kicks. We'll see.

How is your New Year coming along? As always, thank you for stopping by! Much love to you.




8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Amy. I like what you write. 2016 was for me, a year of change and a gratitude for my fantastic family and friends who helped me through xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Molly dear. I'm so glad to see you here and wish you a wonderful 2017! May it find you healthy, wealthy and, well, you're already very wise! Love you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately self worth cannot really be taught, it has to be nurtured through childhood, into adolescence, and on into adulthood. Along that route there are so many people who are only too happy to knock you back, and bypassing them takes great skill. Bullying at home or at school is a classic example that does untold harm. More awareness.

    You have interesting times ahead (Trump), and I hope it goes smoothly; only time will tell. Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cro. I am not looking forward to Trump being president, not at all. But yes it certainly will be interesting. I suspect wine and liquor sales will skyrocket these next four years! Me, I'll be meditating myself to a happy place, haha.

      Delete
  4. Well, Amy, if 2016 gave you all of that realization it was indeed a good year! Just in time for all the challenges ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. And the same to you! I hope you have a wonderful year.

      Delete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...